Get started quickly
Build a Web API endpoint in just a few lines of code.
Claudia API Builder automatically creates API Gateway configuration from your code, so you don't have to learn Swagger.
Set up post-deployment steps to automatically configure your API stage variables.
Use custom headers and response types without having to juggle API GW templates.
Run multiple versions
Your Lambda function and API definitions are automatically versioned, so you can deploy and maintain code easily.
Use AWS API Gateway as if it were a lightweight web server
Claudia API Builder is an extension library for Claudia.js that helps you get started with AWS API Gateway easily, and significantly reduces the learning curve required to launch web APIs in AWS.
Instead of having to learn Swagger, manually managing request and response transformation templates, manually linking gateway methods to Lambda functions, you can just write the code for your API handlers, and Claudia API Builder takes care of the rest:
Here are some quick links to help you get started and use API Builder more effectively:
- Hello world tutorial
- Example projects
- API documentation
- Register request handlers for GET/POST/HEAD/PUT endpoints
- The Request Object is automatically passed to your request handler, with all the parameters
- Customise response content type and code
- Add custom response headers
- CORS is enabled by default, so clients can call your API from browsers. Turn CORS off or restrict it.
- Provide configuration values to your API
- Use Lambda Environment variables and API Gateway Stage Variables easily
- Automate configuration by setting up post-deployment steps to intitialise stage variables
- Automate other initialisation and set-up steps by setting up generic post-deployment hooks
- Limit access to your API by using API Keys
- APIs by default do not require user-level authorization. Require IAM authorization to limit access using IAM policies
- For more complex authorization, Set up a custom authorizer or use Cognito authorizers
- Intercept, filter and modify requests before routing
- Allow the API to receive events from sources other than API Gateway by implementing a handler for unsupported event types
- Send and receive files as binary content