In this 20 minute video tutorial, you will learn several great tricks for building and operating APIs on AWS Lambda and API Gateway, including:
- How to manage multiple Lambda versions for development, testing and production
- How to manage environment configuration using stage variables
- How to handle asynchronous processes in APIs
- How to customise response types with API Gateway APIs
- How to use dynamic request paths to create nice URLs
- How to protect your API from unauthorised access using API Keys
- How to reduce operational cost and speed up access using CloudFront
We’re building an image server that connects to GitHub and creates dynamic images for repository statistics. To see the application in action, visit RepoLabels.net. Grab the source code for the finished project from GitHub.
Some code is specific to Claudia.js, but most of the tips and tricks apply to AWS Lambda and API Gateway in general.